Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
- Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up!"
- 1 John 2:4-5 - If we claim to know Christ, and don't do what His word says - or we aren't obedient - we are liars! But, if we do what His word says and we are obedient, "God's love (or LOVE FOR GOD) is truly made complete in Him." YES! The answer for loving God is right there - Do what His word says - and our love for God will be truly complete!!
- 1 John 2:9-10 - Anyone who hates his brother - or fellow believer - is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light and there is nothing in him to make him stumble. If I'm not loving, I'm hating...there's no in between. God pointed out a few areas in my life where I'm not being loving...and I'm going to work on reconciling those relationships.
Romans 15:13 - "The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him."
- 2 Corinthians 12:5-10 - I am so selfish and think more of myself than I should. I need to stop boasting about my strengths and "boast gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." I am told to DELIGHT in WEAKNESSES, INSULTS, HARDSHIPS, PERSECUTIONS, DIFFICULTIES - for Christ's sake! "For when I am weak, then I'm strong!" AMEN! But oh so challenging.
- Nehemiah 8:5-12 - The Israelites had spent time worshiping and praising God and then the Book of the Law of God was read to them and they were weeping and mourning. Ezra told them not to weep - they were overwhelmed with what God was asking them to do. But Ezra reminded them to be obedient and not grieve because "The joy of the Lord is our strength!" Then the people did go and celebrate because they understood the words - that they did not have to do things in their own strength - God would help them!
- 9:3 - These people arrived at a place (about a month into their journey to grow closer to God) where they stood reading the word for a quarter of a day! And then, they spent another quarter of the day confessing and worshiping!
When I’m at the point of breaking at the place where I resign,
And I’m at the stage of shaking my head as I look back on my life,
When I’m halfway through the grieving, but not quite through the ache,
When I cannot see the ending
Or which road I’m supposed to take,
All I know to do is lift my hands to You.
Take all of my life, all of my life,
And make something beautiful.
I open my hand, trusting Your plan.
Make something beautiful so all will see
Let's just say that my day was wonderful. I was ready to hear the kids call out, "Mommy!" Most days I lay in bed until I hear them...and then think, "Ugh...here we go again." But not this day. I was ready to love my children, my husband, and those who I interacted with. We had breakfast as a family and enjoyed each other.