Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If You Want Me To - Ginny Owens | With Lyrics


As I was reading my Bible this morning, this song was playing. Just had to share. It's been a favorite, but had some reminders for me that I needed right now.

Then, I was reading in Hebrews.

Hebrews 2:10 - "In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering."

So - Shouldn't we be eager for suffering in our lives so that we can be made "perfect" or more like Christ? Wow. I'm sure not eager for suffering right now. But maybe I should be.

Lord, help me to see suffering as something that is making me more like you. And I pray that I would be able to have the attitude and eyes of Christ as I go through those times of suffering. You never said it would be easy, You only said I'll never go alone. Thank you Father.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this that made my day. I will post your address on my blog so others can come and listen and read your message. God Bless you.
Odie

Trish Krcmarik said...

WOW! What a blessing your blog post was for me today Renee! Thanks!

Julie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm a new follower!