Friday, December 16, 2011

Proud Owners

Well, on our way home from a family Christmas up in Michigan last weekend, our beloved 1992 Toyota Camry bit the dust. We always said we would drive it until it died, and we did...twice. Six years ago, we put a "new" engine in when it died, and this time we decided it was time to move on. I have driven that car for the past 12 years and it was actually a bit sad to leave it at the mechanic!

Thankfully, we have a connection through my brother's father in law and we were able to score a 2010 Ford Fusion at a Dealer Auction in North Carolina!! We are so excited to get our new car! I'm saying this in public - so hold me to it...We WILL keep this car clean!! It is so hard having kids and a nice car. It seems like they always have something in their hands when they leave the house - a toy, a cookie, a blanket, a book, and the list goes on. It seems to always leave the house, but never return to the house. You would be amazed at the things we found when we were cleaning out our Camry! Craig even found the recording of our wedding (on a cassette tape!) in the console. I'll have to find a tape player so I can listen to it! :-)

It will still be at least 10 more days before we get to meet our new car in person. My parents will drive it back to us after they return from their FIRST cruise! (Just a little jealous) Hoping they have a fantastic time so that they'll want to go again with all of us kids!

And since I'm not that great at updating this blog, I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments: