Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back to It

Who knows who will read this...if anyone since I haven't been here in over a year and a half. But, I need a place to write what God is teaching me right now in life. I am so thankful for my family and friends and church family. God has been using them to teach me new things.

Craig and I just recently returned from a mission trip to Haiti. While I was there, I saw a lot of poverty and sickness. One thing that really stood out to me was the fact that even though these people had practically nothing, they were still happy. They were still smiling. They still loved Jesus. They would approach me and ask if I knew who Jesus was! I was there to tell them about Him.

One thing that has been hard since being back is continuing to let God shine through me and use me. We prepared ourselves to go and be Christ to everyone we came into contact with. We had time for everyone. We smiled to anyone we saw. We waved, we said "Bonjour!" Why can't I be that way here at home? I get so caught up in life that I forget to see people. I don't look for those who may need someone to smile at them, someone to tell them that Jesus loves them. My goodness, I'm even intimidated to say hi to another mom at the playground!

I want to be the kind of person who loves the Lord so much more than myself that I can not wait to show that love to others. I want it to be a part of who I am...to the point that I don't even have to try.

I'm working on it. It's a daily challenge. God is slowly pointing out things in my life that I need to surrender to Him. It is my desire to peel away everything that is getting in the way so that I can learn to love God more than myself, more than my husband, more than my kids, more thananything.

I'm on a journey. And I'm hoping to fall more in love with God, my husband, and my kids in the process!

No comments: