Saturday, July 13, 2013

To Haiti, Michigan and Back

A couple weeks ago, my sister and I had the once in a lifetime (hopefully not) opportunity to get away just the two of us and head to Haiti!  It was such a special time for the two of us to spend together. I was so thankful that she could be there and see in person where we'll be and meet the people who are so close to our hearts. 




I'm so sad that we didn't get one picture (besides a crazy one in the airport) of the two of us. Either she or I were taking the pictures the whole time. :(

So far July has been pretty crazy. I've tried to cut back on many of my responsibilities so that we'll have more time to travel to see family and friends before we leave.  I am so thankful for Craig's job for the past 10 years, but man, to say it's been a CRAZY six months would be an understatement.  We were very thankful to have a little bit of time over the holiday weekend to get away and spend some quality time with family.  We headed up to Michigan and got to spend time with ALL of my siblings! It's been over a year since we've all been together. I love that Jaron is making a silly face in this...so him :)  I am so thankful for my family and will miss them BUNCHES while we're in Haiti.


I love taking this picture as often as I can when I see my grandma. She is so special to me and I cherish these memories!

On the Haiti front...We're still making arrangements for our big move. If you wouldn't mind, we would really appreciate prayers right now regarding housing. Both here and in Haiti.  We have a rental house that we will most likely try to sell and we are still trying to figure out what to do with our current house and all of our belongings.  We also found out a couple weeks ago that we will not be staying on the Wesleyan Campus where we originally thought we would be living for at least the first 6 months. Housing on La Gonave is not cheap. It's not expensive to live in a third world country if you live like most of the locals. However, if you have electricity, even limited, and running water, the price of housing is very pricey, especially when they see that "white people" are the ones looking.  So please just pray that God would open doors and give us direction and wisdom while we're making some of these decisions!

2 comments:

Ryanne said...

Love you and of course I am praying!

Andrea said...

So special to share that with your sister! Praying too for all the housing pieces to fall into place. :)