Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

First of all, I am so thankful for these two children. God has given me such wonderful, caring, loving, forgiving, laid back children.  They mean the world to me and I am so thankful that I can be their mom.  I truly feel that being a mom is one of the most wonderful things in the world. Once I became a mother, I started to understand a bit more the love of our heavenly Father.  
 I also really love this next picture.  I love that my mom made a choice to serve God and to raise us kids in a different environment than she was raised in.  I'm also very thankful that my grandparents now know and love Jesus.  I am not one who has a long generational faith, but I cherish the fact that my mom wanted something different, something better, something eternal for her future generations.  I have so many beautiful memories of my grandmother - playing at her house and spending the night - playing in her cupboards for hours, and her spinning us in a chair until we couldn't stand it any more.  
Then, a few months ago, while grandma was visiting - she was walking around the entire time humming or singing hymns and praise choruses.  Morgan asked her, "Nana, why are you always singing?" She said, "Because I love Jesus and that way Satan doesn't even get a chance to ruin my day!" Love that example for my little one :-)

No comments: